Rogers Hi-Speed page on DSLReports

Review by KyraReaper See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Mostly reliable, decent price package, very helpful support, some great deals"
Bad "Went down sometimes, initial setup was a frustrating process"
Overall "A little expensive, but worth the money if you get a good package"

·TekSavvy DSL
I got a package with rogers during the Student plan offerings. $48 a month for 300 GB of internet and an 8 month contract (A steal for a house full of college students)

The internet was good when it was running. There were a few outages, I think about 4 in the time we had it. Usually the entire province was out, but the service was restored in 6-24 hours, which isn't too bad.

Order process was super easy and sales was really helpful. I just went into a store after seeing the advertisement and got the deal with no issues.

While the outages always managed to be at really bad times like exams, they were fixed fairly quickly, and usually happened at night or in the evening. Support was helpful in answering any questions if I called for any reason, like internet problems.

Upload speeds were extremely poor, but with the price of our package, I really can't complain. I think it was less than 1 Mbps upload, so a word document ended up taking 10 minutes to upload.

All in all, I'd recommend them. They are expensive for a good package, but they do provide good service if you can stand the occasional outage. If it weren't for the prices and poor packages I would still be using them.

Comments: