Rogers Hi-Speed page on DSLReports

Review by oceros See Profile

• Location: St Thomas,ON
Good "stable/reliable service, keep in mind this is more a rating of my neighborhood "
Bad "inflated overage costs AND super low caps = bad."
Overall "very stable in my neighborhood, way overpriced compared to the competition.. wish I had shopped around before signing 2yr term"

Ordered 25mbps speed package along with TV and cell phone as a bundle. Got a "free" (see: old) HD PVR.

The install process was VERY bumpy. Got installed. Then another tech completed a disconnect order from previous homeowner. Got reinstalled. Got another tech out to repair TV -- ended up needing to replace the HD PVR, TWICE. The first replacement tech had on him was also bad, then the next one actually worked.

The only good thing I can see about the install cluster-eff was that the re-dispatching would happen pretty quickly.

Only one service issue along the way - noticed consistent packet loss for ~2-3 seconds every 2 minutes like clockwork. Being a techie I troubleshot the hell out of it, replaced the modem/router (rogers supplied) and ruled out all my equipment. Every 2 mins all packets would drop for about 3 seconds. Not a real problem for typical browsing but it would make gaming extremely frustrating. Rogers brushed this off completely, and when I gave them the issue on a silver platter they basically laughed me out of a support chat.

Luckily my neighbor then redid their front lawn and in the process cut my coax line. Temp line was run, and guess what.. issue disappeared. Thanks for accidently fixing the problem I wanted fixed Rogers.

Overall, expensive but if you're area infrastructure is solid, it will be very stable and as problem free as the service can get. Just cross your fingers that you do not have to contact customer service for any reason.

member for 1.2 years, 316 visits, last login: a few hours ago