Comcast Formerly ATT Broadband page on DSLReports

Review by pr1mo See Profile

• Location: Harwood Heights,Cook,IL
Good "Awesome speeds, reliable connection, great support"
Bad "Price could be a little lower, much lower."
Overall "Best broadband connection I've ever had."

I ordered Comcast High-Speed Internet after the ATT merger. Cable HSI + Basic Analog for $45.95 I think. Was up and live in about 5 days. Information over the phone was very helpful. Tech came out on time, set up my line and I was on. Haven't had any problems since. I've had my connection for a good year and a half. Tech gave me the RCA DCM305 cable modem. Tech made the cable length extra, extra, extra long. Awesome ISP nonetheless and I'll stick with them unless some much more superior ISP rolls around my city.

In short, haven't had any serious problems at all, maybe 1-4 short downtimes in all. I'm exceptionally satisfied with this ISP.

Also, I stated upload could be higher. With this new speed upgrade coming in the beginning months of 2005, I'll be even more ecstatic. 6.6mbit/768kbps is wonderful.

As of November 20th, 2005, I'm receiving speeds of around 8800-9300kbps download and 650-700kbps upload.

I'm more than satisfied

UPDATE: Well, I am still with Comcast, and I have to say, it's truly been a wonderful experience. Right now I'm on the BLAST! tier, and my speeds are amazing. Download I'm averaging around 1.9MB/s - 2.4MB/s, upload is ~460KB/s.

It's been 3.5 years since my last review, and nothing has changed besides my speed upgrades. I've been more than satisfied, but like I said in my previous review, the price could be lower. During those 3.5 years as a Comcast customer, I have had 2 or 3 downtimes TOTAL, all of them surpassing no more than a full day.

Updated 5/17/2013: Speeds are currently in the 50+Mbps/s (down) + 10+Mbps/s (up) - service has been very reliable, have yet to experience serious connection drops.

member for 10.4 years, 4743 visits, last login: a few hours ago