Cox HSI page on DSLReports

Review by FFJOHNL312 See Profile

• Location: Pawtucket,Providence,RI
Good "No problems other than this know-it-all made for himself and not knowing enough about DOCSIS 3.0"

I am an ex-Verizon employee in a FiOS area but can not get it due to my landlord, and have a wife who was not happy with the upload speeds that 7M DSL could provide, so our broadband appetite had changed over the years.

No problems with it, other than using a low pass filter to block the MoCA signal for my router from getting back into Cox's network causing loss of the internet early in the morning. Once I took it off, all was well and have had no problems since.

UPDATE 7/25/14: I have since the initial review added telephone service from Cox as I left Verizon in 2012, and recently added their Contour DVR service. They upgraded my telephony modem to a Cisco DOCSIS 3.0 unit for free, and other than some kinks not resolved at the time of the Contour installation (none of the crimp-on connectors in my coax network were replaced), everything has been fine and steady. Unfortunately, still the only game in town as a result of my landlord.

member for 6.7 years, 2042 visits, last login: 12 days ago