Cox HSI page on DSLReports

Review by Kissler See Profile

• Location: Las Vegas,Clark,NV
Good "Speed is great."
Bad "PRICING. Selection."
Overall "At the end of the day, COX has no real competion, and acts as such."

No matter how you slice it, Cox is expensive! The less you bundle, the more you get charged, that's how I've seen it after the promotion ended. Even dropping to basic cable, phone and 20Mbps internet, you'll still be spending upwards of 130 a month, and it's VARIABLE, some months it's 140, some it's 125, the average is 130. It's that kind of inconsistency that I can't stand, and Cox seems to have a "Paying more, for less" business model due to it's lack of competition in NV. I can't wait till CL gets it's act together and offers FTTH (Prism T.V) Steer clear of Cox, if you can.

Update: I called again, today, because I switched over to 20Mbps and I'm still only getting 15. The first rep I spoke to ignored my problem completely and assumed it was the splitter. I removed the splitter and was still only getting 15/5, direct connection to the modem. They assumed it to be a wiring problem. Then said my modem has been disconnecting every 15 minutes for a week now. YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD HAVE TOLD ME THAT THE FIRST TIME I CALLED. She re-provisioned the modem which then didn't pull an IP anymore. She said "Sorry, but were going to have to get a tech out there. How's Monday?" My internet was fine till I called, for a simple issue, you snowballed it into complete disconnect. After 30 minutes, I called back in, the next rep fixed the issue in 2 minutes. Didn't explain what happened, just said "You still need a tech because your not getting over 15mbps." I still don't understand that, but alright. I'll update after the tech gets here.

Comments: