Cox HSI page on DSLReports

Review by jaykaykay See Profile

• Location: Scottsdale,Maricopa,AZ
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (24 month contract)
Overall "So far, excellent."

·Speakeasy
We had a lot of things we needed to do before getting up and running with Cox. Switching for them was a breeze and they installed our router/modem and set it up within an hour. It took me considerably more time to change our DNS hosting, etc. So far, Cox has been great. The price is part of our package so isn't broken down on this report. It comes in about $10 less than our old ISP, including cost of of new hosting service, and is soooooooo much faster. Tested about 1/2 hour ago, and it registered, from our old ISP's test page at:

Your Speed Result:
Download Speed: 9348 kbps (1168.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 14267 kbps (1783.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

We ordered the Preferred Level and bought one of the Cox store's combo router/modem, a Netgear N900.

When we were buying the hardware and setting up an appointment time and date, the only thing I can say about Cox's store sales is that they are very aggressive and really lay it on thick, much of what they answered re: ?'s

from me. The store salesperson had raved about that "he was ours for how ever long we needed him, would set up the router and take us through all we needed to know for Cox mail". Most of what they told me was not true. For me, that wasn't a problem, but for others, it might well have been.

The installer came here thinking that he was on a problem call when all we needed was for him to set up the router. No trouble call at all, and that was that.

As time goes on, I will flesh out this report, but it's really too new to write much more.

Ordered package:
Internet•25 Mbps download
•5 Mbps upload
•Secure Online Backup with 5GB
•Spam Blocker
•Cox Security Suite powered by McAfee®
•Up to 10 Webmail accounts
Download speeds of up to 25 Mbps.

member for 14 years, 5194 visits, last login: a few hours ago