Mediacom page on DSLReports

Review by Bbrown49 See Profile

• Location: Ankeny,Polk,IA
Good "Quick set up and quick service"
Bad "None thus far"
Overall "Good service for the money"

I ordered the service thru a mailer. Mediacom telemarketers had to call me after completing the mailer to get the special they were running. (1/2 price for 3 months) I could not call them after getting the mailer to get the rate. I received a call on Thursday and set up the install for the following Monday AM. No one came so I called Tuesday AM early and set up the install for the following Wednesday. 2 hours later the tech was at my door(Tuesday). Where the mix up came from, nobody knows. I had previously purchased my own modem and the tech had me up and running in 20 min. Everything, including e-mail, worked. I am getting 2 meg download and 135 meg upload

Update - I ordered the service via MediacomChad. Asked for the 12 meg service and was told they had a special $30 for 12 months the first year, $40 a month the second year. Was contacted about 5 days later and tech guy came out the following morning and got me set up. My speed tests on the service showed between 4 and 5 meg download and .5 meg upload. I then learned the base internet service is 4 meg with bursts to 12 meg. The next service higher, Prime, was 15 meg download and 1 meg up and was rated for that. It would cost $10 more per month the second year. I upgraded to this service and have consistently had speed tests over 15 meg down and 1 meg up.

Update - My 2 year contract was about to expire so I contacted MediacomChad. He had a retention person contact me and I was able to get a good promo price plan for $30 for 1 year and $40 for the second year for the same speed I had. No interruption in service after accepting it. I did have to contact MediacomChad afterwards to correct a minor billing issue.

Comments:

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

Service

I am glad everything is working good for you so far!

Let me know if you have any issues going forward and I will be happy to help you.