Mediacom page on DSLReports

Review by poppster See Profile

• Location: Robinson,Crawford,IL
Good "10/1 line is nice...when you can get it."
Bad "Lots of outages."
Overall "Better as of late"

Update:
I guess we got upgraded to a 12/2 line? Ping times have been great as of late, as well as service reliability.

Running about 6 devices off it seems pretty good.

It's the fastest choice where i live.

Updated:
Too many outages lately, it's getting outrageous really. The wife wants to switch back to DSL. I for one don't want to lose the 10/1 line that we have, but on the other hand, I want a reliable line. Seems like it goes out once a week sometimes. I call tech support and they always say that they don't have an eta on the issues being fixed. So be fair warned, here in southern Illinois, the service is hit or miss.

New Review.

I switched back to Meidacom from Verizon DSL. So far it's been alright, we've had 3 outages in 2 weeks, but they were quickly resolved. We went with their phone and internet package, for the price it's a good deal we think. The voice quality is good, can't tell it's through mediacom.

I'll write more when we've had the new service a little longer.

(OLD REVIEW)I was with a dsl company in my area for around a year (www.joink.com), and went from their 128k line, all the way up to their 512k line. I always had terrible pings, bad packet loss, and my speeds were all over the place, never anywhere near the advertised speeds. Needless to say, I made the switch to cable, via Mediacom. I called the order in on a Monday, and the installer was here on Wednesday afternoon. Installation was a breeze of course, took only about 15 minutes, he setup everything for me, email, my account manager, he seemed to know what he was doing for the most part.

As far as my connection, I have the 3.0 / 256 line, which runs so smoothly, I always get around 2700 / 220, which is perfect for me. I haven't experienced any burps, or down time in my line at all, so thats obviously a plus. Their email program (online) works decently, I don't use it as much as I should, but it works with no problems.

My ping times are always great! In online games, I get anywhere from 20 ms to 45-55 ms, which is very acceptable.

As far as download rates, I get anywhere from 310 k/s to 350 k/s which is over the accepted 85% line rate, so once again, no complaints here.

Overall, I give this ISP a 4 out of 5 ONLY because I wish their upload speeds would be increased to at least 384k, but other than that, MEDIACOM RULES!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments:

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

Service

I am glad you are happy with the service. Let me know if you have any service issues or questions and I will be happy to help you however I can.