Mediacom page on DSLReports

Review by jspoon See Profile

• Location: Lucas,Lucas,IA
Good "Great connection speeds for gaming and browsing."
Bad "Customer Service has been horrible."
Overall "Make sure you read the fine print, they will eat your pocket book."

Recently I was the victim of a house fire. When I called customer service back in December immediately after the fire to disconnect, I was told that there would be no additional charges and that my only cost would be the remaining bill. Recently I got a bill for $650 for lost equipment. Granted, only 500 or so of that was the equipment, but I was told that I would not have to pay for that. I called customer service again and was told that my insurance company should cover that. Now, shouldn't the renting fee I've been paying for the modem and DVR have covered some type of insurance on the lost items?

Comments:

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

Equipment Damage

jspoon

I am very sorry to hear about the damage. The equipment rental fee does not include any kind of insurance and that cost does come back on the renter of the equipment to recover some of the cost if the equipment is damaged. In these situations, we are more than happy to try and work with you to make arrangements for this and would love to chat with you about this. If you want to send me a personal message with your telephone# I will research the account and see what we can work out with you.
MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
»mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/

Anonymous
join:2004-06-01
IA

!

I sure hope nobody got hurt.