Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!

WOW Internet and Cable page on DSLReports

Review by hudiat See Profile

• Location: Brook Park,Cuyahoga,OH
Good "competitive pricing"
Bad "Terrible internet services, tech support is beyond a joke"

Update: Months of crappy video service continue. Not an isolated incident, tons of people complain about it all the time on the forum. From all over, it is network wide. For weeks now you can't call support without waiting an hour+. They are updating their software apparently, but it has been weeks of terrible wait times and when you do get through the people don't know how to do anything in the new system yet. Finally do get a hold of someone and they say you are the only person in the area so it is isolated to you, not on our end. Maybe more people would be complaining if the wait to call wasn't so long. Bottom line, they continue to blind to the fact that over the past 18 months their quality of customer service has been slowly decreasing, and is now at the point of just being another cable company. I can get someone from comcast of Time Warner on the phone quicker. They used to be SO good at customer service, and recently growth and expansion has been more important to them as a company than maintaining the customer service levels they once had.

The generic solution is always send a tech out. The tech always says nothing wrong. Problems persist.

I thought they were getting better, then I start to have issues again, and generic support is useless. It is nice an employee posts in the forums, but a user shouldn't have to find a forum that happens to have helpful wow employee to get support, regular support should be able to help to.

My situation with WOW is exactly why the industry needs real competition.

Had ongoing internet issues for 6 months. Finally get them fixed, and 3 months later more random issues.

Comments:

slyphoxj

join:2002-06-23
Brook Park, OH
·Vestalink
·WOW Internet and..
·magicjack.com
·Callcentric

Just had another outage this past Tuesday (7/30/13)

TV was in and out throughout the morning, then the TV and internet went out at my house at around 11:30 AM. Both came back on a few minutes later... we didn't call it in (not sure if that would have done much good).

Things were good since early this year, then this stupid outage . I'm starting to move my home phone from at AT&T landline to a VoIP provider (not WOW)... not sure if that's such a great idea with WOW.
patt2k

join:2009-01-16

Re: Just had another outage this past Tuesday (7/30/13)

said by slyphoxj:

As much as I hate TWC and hate recommending it try them with a docsis 3.0 modem..