WOW Internet and Cable page on DSLReports

Review by raypsi1 See Profile

• Location: Redford,Wayne,MI
Good "They installed drop from pole to house and hook up on Sunday AM"
Bad "used 120 minutes of phone time and one botched order to get service"
Overall "ordered 2Mbps service and I got advertised speed wicked awesome"

First order they hooked me up to their bot phone system after talking to a person bot refused to understand my responses I thought I got the order thru for install the next day but when the time went by I called they said they had no record of me:( after using 120 minutes of cell phone time Saturday they set me up for Sunday lucky service man was only 4 minutes late for that window of time.
The install went smooth.
I gots a Arris TM502G modem rented for $2/month
I got the service protection plan $3/month
2Mbps speed for $42/month
and a total balance of $98 for the install and internet listed above
The balance was due 1/25/13 but I paid it the next day after install
I don't know for sure it the bandwidth is capped
And they do give me the true advertised, speed that never happened with any of my other ISP's

9/1/14 yea still getting what I paid for, only 3 outages on the weekends in the last few months this year. BTW I did the speed tests here on dslreports

member for 13.4 years, 538 visits, last login: a few hours ago
updated a few hours ago

Comments:
levis76

join:2013-01-06

Try a true speed test

Try speedtest.net, not the WOW! speed test. Their's only tests between their servers and your modem. Try a real world speed test on servers around the country and prepare to be disappointed.

raypsi1

join:2001-04-09
Redford, MI

Re: Try a true speed test

What? I used dslreports java and flash servers every time I got 2+mbps If I could of figure out how to post the results here I would have sorry about that.

raypsi1

join:2001-04-09
Redford, MI
·WOW Internet and..

Re: Try a true speed test

Here's results of just 3 java tests here on dslreports:

21-01-2013 04:03 AM java speedtest 2105 Kbps 782 Kbps New Jersey, USA wideopenwest.com
del 08-01-2013 08:34 AM java speedtest 2030 Kbps 1122 Kbps New Jersey, USA wideopenwest.com 0635hrs est
del 07-01-2013 08:09 AM java speedtest 2111 Kbps 1121 Kbps New Jersey, USA wideopenwest.com