WOW Internet and Cable page on DSLReports

Review by AlgUSF See Profile

• Location: Seminole,Pinellas,FL
Good "15/2 Broadband for $20/mo less than Brighthouse's 10/1 standard RR."
Bad "Ping times are a little high."
Overall "Good value for the money"

My wife and I had Brighthouse Cable and Internet since we bought our house 4 years ago. We went with DirecTV for cable and were stuck at ~60/mo for just Internet. Since FIOS wasn't available in our neighborhood we decided to give Wow! a shot. Wow! bought Knology who bought out the old GTE Americast cable system from the late 1990's. For 60/mo with BH we were getting 10/1 service, and now we have 15/2 service with Wow!

The woman on the phone was very courteous and upfront with all of the prices, and fees. We decided to forgo the modem rental and grabbed our own DOCSIS 2.0 modem to save the $5/mo.

The gentleman who came to install our service was extremely friendly, and made sure to install it the way that we requested. The install was very professional looking. He told us that a burial crew would be here within 7-10 days to bury the cable, and they were out the next day burying the wire. I am happy that Wow! has their installers ground to the electrical meter as opposed to the water line like Brighthouse and Verizon do. Not to mention that it is one less unsightly box next to my pool.

Speeds are as promised, but the latency seems a little high.

Comments: