CableOne page on DSLReports

Review by jimmyc65 See Profile

• Location: Brookhaven,Lincoln,MS
Good "Good Speed, No Drops, And good Phone Service"
Bad "With TV added its a little pricey"
Overall "May drop TV service and keep Internet and Phone Service"

·AT&T Southeast
Got fed up with BellSouth prices and incompetent tech support. Never got my 6 meg service right.

I seen several adds for CableOne internet and phone service, I talked with several people who had internet and later added the phone service and they had nothing but good things to say about the service. So I decided to bite the bullet and try the service.

The local office was great handling the switch over, I decided to change my number to one of the CO phone numbers and I love the service. Phone call quality is superior to BellSouth's by a mile. And all the horror stories I've heard about cable internet lag and slow down during peak hours have been just that stories. I've had no lag and no slow downs at all. I have the 5 meg down and the 500 up and I stay above those numbers all the time.

The install process was as painless as could be. The techs were great and new their stuff. I now live about 400 yards off the main road and they had to run a new service drop to me from the main road. The original drop was to small to carry all three services.

I have the Arris Touchstone Telephony Modem. The only complaint is that I can't "see" the modem stats unlike the modems from BellSouth. But I guess thats the only complaint I have with that.

Overall the only complaint I have is their channel lineup. It is not nearly as good as Directv or dishnetwork. I am gonna make the swap back to one of them in the near future.

Other than that I have no complaints and would recommend them to anyone here in the Brookhaven area if you can get them. As I said before phone call quality is much much much better than BellSouth.

UPDATE: 12/27/08

Well I guess its about time to update my review of Cable One and its services that I have in my home.

I have since dropped the phone service and use my cellphone for my all my phone calls. It is not because of the service I was receiving from Cable One, it is because OI am now back to working offshore and I am not at home enough to warrant having and paying for home phone service. The phone service was fantastic and I did not have any issues with the service or the price I was paying at the time.

I have continued to use their cable TV and internet service. I have not complaints whatever with the internet service. I no longer do a whole of downloading so the caps do not bother me. I do on occasion go over and get capped but its not a big deal. No drops or interruptions in service, and yes I check my logs when I am home.

My only complaint with the tv service portion is that I wished they carried more children s programming such as directv and dishnetwork does. But my child is getting older so I guess in a couple of yrs it will really be a moot point anyway.

So overall I am very well satisfied with the service I get from Cable One and would reccomend them to anyone.

Update: 2/28/09

Well I moved recently and kept my service with CableOne. My only complaint at this time is the coordination between me and the service dept. It took them several days to come out and run the necessary outlets for me. They promised between 1 and 5 pm but showed up around 6:30 that night. The lead tech Pat done a fantastic job but his helper half-assed his portion and they had to come back out and fix the stuff he done. Again at this point I as satisfied with the service and would recommend it to anyone.

member for 12.8 years, 2207 visits, last login: 1.7 years ago