CableOne page on DSLReports

Review by mcbigham See Profile

• Location: Columbus,Lowndes,MS
Good "NONE"
Bad "Standard cable, Fair usage policy, upgraded and charged without consent"
Overall "If you like Netflix you will be punished."

My biggest problem with CableOne is that I am always tagged by the system as a abuser and my speeds are cut in half during peak hours 12n-12m. I download very little, don't use P2P but I watch a lot of streaming shows via Netflix and Amazon. I told them when I signed up that I watch a lot of shows and movies via Netfix and got the package they recommend. I am locked in to a 1 year contract and now they tell me I should have read the Fair Access Policy. Bottom line is if you watch a lot of streaming movies/shows via netflix, Amazon or Hulu Plus then your speed will be cut in half making HD impossible for streaming and SD will also suffer.

Edit 1: »www.speedtest.net/result/1042909569.png

Edit 2: After talking to tech support and explaining my problem with not being able to watch Nexflix and Hulu Plus on my Roku player if I watch it for long periods due to the limits that are imposed they upgraded my account at a very minimal charge. I think that these companies are starting to understand that a lot of legal stuff is now going on with bandwith usage. Why D/L a movie from a torrent illegal when you can watch it legally on Netflix? I am a big fan of Netflix but that is not what this is about. I think cable one seen the problem in my case and they corrected it and that is the reason I have updated my ratings. Thanks Cable One.

»www.speedtest.net/result/1081696036.png

I had CableOne until 11-07-2011

I didn't realize how good I had it with CableOne until I got Comcast. I would gladly take CableOne over Comcast any day.

Comments: