CableOne page on DSLReports

Review by BimmerE38FN See Profile

• Location: Boise,Ada,ID
Good "Good over all services"
Bad "No IPv6, support as of yet."
Overall "Great ISP provider for general and gaming internet"
(ratings well above consensus)

Been with them for years. Took them a while to get DOCSIS 3 going however eventually did late spring of 2011. Have had a few ISP outages and presume not more then others ISPs due to technical difficulties. Great ISP here in Idaho.

Just went from 50Gb cap limitation to 100Gb cap limitation for free. I was going over the 50Gb cap each month due to a new roommate addition to the house hold. Asked them about the cap sizes an said, we can up grade you no problem. I asked how much? Free they said. Done deal.

CableOne has been great service for me. Works great for general Internet and gaming, specially with a Motorola SB 6 series modem I have. Great service.

UPDATE: 08/06/2013

C1 updated there tier Internet cable packages. Now they offer 50/60/70Mb down speeds however only 2Mb Up-link speeds are seen across the board. Not worthy of upgrading to 60 or 70 unless they can provide Up-link speeds higher than 2Mb IMO. Come on C1, Lets get into faster Up-link speeds.

UPDATE: 10/20/2013

I think C1 updated there UP link speeds from 2Mb to 3Mb possibly with out saying anything. I've noticed on my routers speeds tests and speed sites, I'm getting over 3mb on the up on results. Possible that my email to them after they updated there Tier pricing regarding cost vs upgrades on the UP Link and speed packages and didn't show any speed upgrades on the UP Links, maybe they decided to afford giving 3Mb on the UP. Nice C1, Nice and thank you very much. Will see if this is official or not. Any one else notice 3Mb on the UP?

member for 12 years, 839 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

dr3yec

join:2002-12-19

OK

You must be new to cableone , it wont take long for you to change your mind about cableone.
Bigsease303

join:2004-08-18
Sherman, TX

Re: OK

I have been with Cableone for about 6 years now in Sherman, TX and have never had a problem. I always get more speed then I pay for and I cant remember the last time my service went down.

derlik

@cableone.net
my internet drops out everynight,and im in idaho, cant wait for a new provider

·CableOne

No big problems with C1...

Never had a daily drop or any issues with C1. On occasion there have been a few drops, there at fault. I recommend that you have your ISP check the cabling going to the ISP modem, check signal levels going to the ISP modem. Check for t.v. line splitters and remove them as they can introduce noise on the line and lower the signal going to the ISP modem. Connecting to the ISP modem could result in a false positive as the signal to the modem could be just enough to that point then adding on a router, could see problems. The router operation is dependent upon getting good data flow from the ISP modem and the modem is dependent upon getting good signal from the ISP Service.

These can also be issues of bad internet services.

I have been with C1 since 2003 I think.

Boise, ID

Re: No big problems with C1...

I noticed a 1Mb increase on the UP Link speed. Now at 3Mb. Thank you C1. Still love C1 for an ISP.

@spcsdns.net

Problems

The first day I had cable one installed, I had to have 2 service techs out. Since then, I've had to have several techs out. Why don't I go with another company? Cable one pays my city to be the only cable company in town. Really???!!!!!

Re: Problems

Not sure. Maybe bad HW on the ISP side or techs don't know what they are doing or could be that your neighborhood is congested with other cable one users. Be sure to install a Motorola SB 6 series modem. They work well.

Re: Problems

Nope, now the cable box is turning itself off after about 5 mins of viewing. It will not turn back on until after about 30 mins. This along with all of the other instances I've had service techs out since I established service in September, I'm sick of Cableone!!!!!!

Boise, ID
Ya, need to contact them. Ask for level 2 or 3 tier support. Good Luck.

Thanks