Insight Communications page on DSLReports

Review by Matt_31 See Profile

• Location: Jasper,Dubois,IN
Good "When it works .. it works good"
Bad "Poor tech Support on phone, need local office people again."
Overall "Service needs overhauled my area."

I knew i was moving and planned to setup service they were there ontime and the tech guy was great. The people over the phone locally were excellent. Ran into a snag and needed real help from the techs in evansville and they were ether burned out from the same questions or didnt want to help. After weeks and weeks of tweaking and new modem I finally discovered the error was my Regal Splitter/Filter. Now things are up to pare and im very happy. I highly recommend this compare to the satellite service I had prior. For 39.99 and 4Mb im prob going to go to plus service due to the extra speed i might get at 6Mb.

8-1-05

Service has been real poor for the last 8 months with speeds less then half of advertised, service has also dropped alot. Almost worse then my satellite connection was and that alone is scary.

4-12-06

Service is still poor and dropouts still there have been told its locally and theres no plans at the moment to redo things. Also we dont want to even get into the cable boxes. Lets just say .. im real close to going back to satellite for TV. If DSL becomes here soon. I think ill also head that way.

9-16-06

After having a small chat with the CEO of insight with him contacting me, The ball got rolling and things now are running like they should have im on day 3 now and service is running at or even at times over what is advertised. Yes its sad the CEO had to contact me but his care and will has changed my mind about a company I felt was a lost cause. With what Mike (the CEO) is doing I feel one day will make Insight a company that is going to be great and while it may not have the extra kick its reliability in the future I hope will be as strong as Mike's will has been.

12-15-08

Service has now been Excellent for sometime, due to this we upgraded when they were testing the 20.0 and while it had some bugs back then it has been great for sometime now and I would recommend it to anyone whos got more then one computer or whos more of a power user. Mike our CEO has done a great job of bring service and information to us people through the site here at DSL reports and through his personal blog. (we now spend $145 a month on service with internet and cable)

2-18-11

They have finally given us upgrades now to 30 and 50 for a little while. Ive been on the 20 Since it started and have gotten mixed reviews on going to 50. They are telling us the 30 requires a new DOCSIS 3.0 modem however the modem I have DOCSIS 2.0 for 20 goes to 38. They say they will provide us with the modem. I found out its a Thomson... haaa .. like ill go through what i did before with that brand. Time for a new otta pocket expense for a motorola surfboard.

11-22-12

Things have been ok with Internet, the TV as of late has been the issue. We recently had to replace one of the HD boxes, as it caused MAJOR problems. We still have some small issues but really its ok. We've had phone service now for over a year and I would rate it as Fair. If I didn't have a cell phone I would be stick with Land line as Insights Phone goes down a lot where we are. I would say we have lost phone service about 20 times in the last 6 months. I Would say Vonage is much better phone service. Also beware Insight publishes your info to the public where other services don't. I had to find out the hard way. What's nice about Vonage if service is down with insight, calls will go to voicemail. I can also keep track of ALL calls on Vonage. So phone service im going to give a 2.5 out of 5 stars.

1-7-13

The end of 2012 and early 2013 is really turning into a bad news for insight. I have begun looking into Direct TV again. The issue I have to work on is Internet while we have TV in our apartment. Today our cable was shut off for a mistake they made for problems we are having from them. I have had enough. Ive tried to be positive and tried to write postitive when things have been good and made issue of when things are bad. I have been a fare viewer but with service getting more and more spotty and shutting down. I have much better things to do with my time. I should not have to pay for failure of service and problems. I hope you look for others before insight and get lots of peoples views and see it its right for you. Your area it maybe great service it has not as you can read my posts and reviews over time.

Comments: