Primus Telecommunications Canada Inc. page on DSLReports

Review by moonstarr See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Very affordable"
Bad "Connection is slow and unreliable most of the time."
Overall "Primus puts the blame on Bell. Lets see if they can work it out."

So I have a great deal with them. $60 tax incl. for an unlimited download 5meg DSL line PLUS a telephone land line (not VOIP.. well maybe on their end) with all the major features you would want on a phone plus unlimited calling in CAN/US. The contract is for one year.

They originally put me on some sort of bell / primus shared 3meg line that was horrible so I pushed them to put me on a 5 meg primus line. it took a while to get done. Primus said bell was taking forever to get to my work order.

However even with the 5 meg profile it' seems the network is super saturated. Long pings and too many hops. Primus said Bell was having major network problems and that by the end of Jan.2008 the surfing speeds might be more stable.

I can get fast download and upload speeds its just not consistent. So I'm willing to wait a month until these two companies (Bell / Primus) sort out their issues.

update: FEB.11th.2008. There has been somewhat of an upgrade but saturation is still happening. Pings and hops are down to 30ms but today and last week login problems. I'm getting fustrated ready to leave. giving it a couple more weeks

update. MAR.29th.2008. Still having problems but today it's a biggy. I'm connected but can't surf. Trust me in the fact that it's not a problem on my end. I'm 100% sure. Primus says Sympatico is still somehow involved in messing up my connection. I really want to tell everyone that the Internet service is great but it isn't. :-/ BTW The phone service is an amazing deal. Works flawlessly.

Comments: