Knology page on DSLReports

Review by brianf4 See Profile

• Location: Madison,Madison,AL
Good "Installers were good, internet was stable"
Bad "Bad information up front, expensive for below average content, never called back like promised"
Overall "Not good"

Had a bad experience with Knology in Huntsville. We were excited because we had another choice for internet/cable when Knology was installed in our neighborhood. A salesman came to the door and told us about their bundle prices. He said my bill would be $110 for what I wanted. I cancelled what I had, and had it installed. Install went well. Service was so so at best. Interface was horrible and cheap. Looks like it was designed with an Apple IIe. DVR is large, but interface was, again, terrible. Picture quality was ok and internet speed and stability was good. The big problem was when I received my first bill for $165. Not $110. Was told the salesman didn't include fees. There were $45 in fees, mostly for the phone. Strange because I paid $29 a month for phone and internet from a previous provider that included everything. Called to discuss, was told the salesperson would call me back. Never did. Called back and was told local office would call back. Never did. Cancelled and got DirecTV/Mediacom back.

Comments: