AT&T DSL Service page on DSLReports

Review by briartech See Profile

• Location: Stamping Ground,Scott,KY
Good "the modem arrived in only 3 days, and I hooked it up and was on my way."
Bad "Tech support is somewhere offshore. The reps speak extremely poor English, and are very poorly trained."
Overall "If you can do a lot of your own troubleshooting, it's nice and fast, and a good deal. If you're not technically savy, get cable."

This is my third go-round with AT&T. I originally signed up with them way way back in the beginning days of DSL when they were NYNEX in N.H., then again some 6 years ago in Kentucky as Bellsouth. It's always been fast and reliable, but the tech support has always been atrocious. None of the reps can speak comprehensible English, and their training is terrible. Now and then they will have a good deal though, and I'll use them for a couple years to save money but I always end up leaving for a better deal somewhere else.

Fortunately, I live in an area with cable, DSL, and 2 very good local wireless carriers with great speeds, so I always have a choice. We'll see how AT&T does on this go-round, and I'll update this review from time to time.

Update: Tech support is still the worst on the planet. I would honestly rather eat broken glass than call. Recently, I moved to a different part of the same city. I set the move date for a Monday, 2 weeks in advance. That following Friday, they cut off service. It took 7 hours on the phone to get to someone who could comprehend the situation. It took 3 more hours to find someone who could turn the service back on. So, we went the weekend without DSL. The following Monday, I spent 9 more hours on the phone trying to get things straightened out. I then called corporate to complain. They wound up giving me 2 free months for my troubles, but honestly, I could not have been made happy if they gave me 2 free years.

Comments: