AT&T DSL Service page on DSLReports

Review by Littlem129 See Profile

• Location: White Pine,Jefferson,TN
Good "Going from dial-up to DSL"
Bad "Nothing yet."
Overall "I'm happy!"

I have AT&T Direct 3 meg service at $14.95 a month on the 12 month term. This is my first time using high speed service, I was on dial-up for 6 years so I am happy!

I do not have AT&T as my local phone company is why I had to get AT&T Direct. That is also the reason why I had to wait 15 days after I had placed the order to get it installed. Since I had phone service with another provider and I was using dial-up I was not considered a priority. That really didn't bother me much considering I had been on dial-up for 6 years I could make it for 15 more days. When the big day arrived the install process went smoothly, I was very pleased with the tech that came out, he did an excellent job.

I bought the AT&T Motorola DSL Modem at Walmart. I chose to do this in case there was any problems I could return it to the store instead of having to ship it back to AT&T. So far no problems, it's working good.

The service was installed on 11/30/2010. I waited until now to give my review so I would have time to evaluate the service. So far I really like it, I haven't had any problems.

After my 12 month contract is up I will probably upgrade to the 6 meg service. Some of you may ask why I didn't get it instead of the 3 meg. I chose the 3 meg for now because as I said before I was on dial-up for 6 years, I figured anything would be faster than that. Also I thought if I went ahead and got the 6 meg to begin with I wouldn't have anywhere to go from there. I wanted something to look forward to!

Comments: