AT&T DSL Service page on DSLReports

Review by speeddream See Profile

• Location: Irving,Dallas,TX
Good "I have 4 computers and all of them can get online at the same time, no issues"
Bad "That I have to have phone service when I do not use the phone. UVERSE not offered in the place where I live"
Overall "I have used AT&T since year 2000. I would not have stayed with them this long, if I was not happy."

This is not a pumped up review. Over the years, there have been a few instances that I can recall that I had with the connection. It ended up being the dsl modem that AT&T initially gave me back in 2000. On this occasion, a guy came out to check it out. He replaced the box outside and gave me another brand new updated modem at no charge. My connection has been up and running straight with no problems at all for at least 3 years. It used to be that when we had really bad storms that their might be a temporary outage but, that has not happened in years. The $68.50 that I mentioned for the total cost, 28.00 is for the Internet High Speed and the rest is for the phone line that I have to have here due to the fact that Verizon owns the wires here and AT&T leases the wires from Verizon. At least that is how I justify it. It is legit or else I would be able to get UVERSE. I am not very far at all from the AT&T service provider so it is not a matter of distance. I check my speed about an hour ago anon at 5600/658 something like that. I will check again in a second. Oh, I just looked to the left for the information requested for the review. Initially, they gave me a Speedstream 5100. Then later, the gentlemen that came out to replace box outside gave me Westell ADSL-2 Router. I just checked it for the model and date on it is July 2009. Verizon is constantly spamming my actual physical postal mail box with offers for me to hook up with them and the FIOS. Oh well, they burned me once before, shame on them. I am happy with AT&T unless they go up on my monthly bill and then I will look around. That is not to say that I would switch to another provider though.

member for 6.3 years, 20 visits, last login: a few hours ago