AT&T DSL Service page on DSLReports

Review by berrybl See Profile

• Location: Acton,Los Angeles,CA

Out in the Boondocks, before AT&T DSL, we were stuck with Direcway 2-way Satellite. We increasingly paid up to $79 per month of up to 1500 kbps 'limited' download.

In 2009, AT&T brought DSL to our little community - up to 6000 kbps for approx $35 per month. Great service from Local AT&T Tech, "Johnny on the spot" when we had ANY problems.

Flash forward to three days ago. Our AT&T 2-Wire Modem was intermittent? and NO DSL! "Seems like you've got a bad modem?" (No one rushed to our aid. No one checked the "Central Office" like that previous Local Tech. Somewhat spoiled by that previous early support, attempted to find a local AT&T store to check the 2-Wire Modem or Power Supply, or even to sell me a new modem! No 'Cellular' store could help!

Eventually, I called the main AT&T (866) number, and told them how disappointed I was in the lack of support that we had before - approx four years ago. This 'Agent' moved Heaven and Earth, and located me a new Modem locally and finally I had DSL up and running last evening, after being without DSL for three whole days!

I asked to speak with his Supervisor and told him what a remarkable job his agent had done in such a short time!

Comments: