AT&T Yahoo page on DSLReports

Review by veloct See Profile

• Location: Moosup,Windham,CT
  • Telco party Southern New England Telephone
Good "Connection reliability is awesome, beats cable in this area hands down"
Bad "Slow speeds, slow to upgrade services in CT puts AT&T at a disadvantage against all other internet providers."
Overall "If you want bundled services, you can't go wrong. Pricing is better than cable."

Initial:
21 days total from order, live 3 days before actual date. I've been through ISDN, IDSL, DSL and cable while living in Texas so I had an idea of what to expect. For the price of $39 (12 month contract), I ordered the 768-1500/256 service. Right from the get go i'm averaging 1270/240 on the line and I'm expecting after the initial optimizing days that it will stay the same or improve. I'm quite happy with it. The support in the forum here is excellent and everyone is very helpful, it's a god send. Everything went very smoothly. One thing to note: I have my email and web hosted elsewhere and I don't read newsgroups so I can't comment on those services.

27 Nov 2003:
I believe service has been down a total of maybe half a day. To say that it has been rock solid would be an understatement. I couldn't be happier with the service.

25 Feb 2004:
Connection reliability has been great, BUT CT not getting the new tier due to billing issues is a bunch of horse***. I don't know how things will go now with SNET gone and SBC in place. Need to offer DSL without the additional voice services at a competitive price, improve (actually revamp) their whole support system (I hate calling and getting a different story every time I call) and get the new tiers in place, that's the bottom line.

1 Apr 2004:
No new tiers in CT yet. Connection is still rock solid even though I've noticed a slight slowdown and my speed tests aren't what they used to be. If I have a viable option aside DSL either with a different provider or Cable, I would definitely give them a try. SBC DSL is not the best value out there anymore, by a long shot.

16 Dec 2005:
Back on with SBC. This time I'm using the bundle service (DSL, phone and satellite). So far is very very good and at a very good price. (~$100/month + tax for all services). I'm on the Pro package (3.0/512)

21 Aug 2007:
Still with AT&T, service has not gone down once in the almost 2 years I've had it. Rock solid.

25 Sept 2008:
Service is still great, this is reliable service. It never goes down; I think in the 5+ years I've had service, it's gone down maybe once. The only thing I wish for is the availability of U-Verse.

March 2009
Went to Metrocast Cable, higher speeds with great local service. Even if a little more, it's worth it. Nothing bad to say about AT&T except the inability to roll out a competitive package to cable cost them a customer.

Comments: