AT&T Yahoo page on DSLReports

Review by Jason See Profile

• Location: Napa,Napa,CA
  • Telco party SBC
Good "3 mb DSL.."
Bad "Now having Sync issues.."
Overall "Its okay, but I think I'm going to explore other options.."

I've been a customer for *years* now.. About 2 years ago, after about 3 years of faithful service, my 2-wire modem died, (that I got free when I started the service here) I called for a replacement, and they were going to charge me $99 to replace it? Wont extend the same deal to a long established customer that they will to someone new? Oh well.. Dusted off an old Zyxel, and got that working just fine..

As of late, I've been having sync issues.. Every 5 to 10 minutes the modem has to resynch with the CO.. They've sent out 2 techs so far, and the 2nd guy said the line from the house to the street was bad..Swapped my line pairs, then tested it, and took off.. Still have the sync issues, and now theres static on my POTS telephone service..

I need to have HS internet, and 3000/512 for $33 is okay, I just wish we could figure out these new issues..

AT&T has been pretty good at trying to get me all patched up, and working solid, but their techs are just plain old falling short. Maybe I have an obscure issue or something..

I'll keep them for now, but I'm really exploring other options at the moment.. As it stands, I would hesitate to recommend their service here, to a friend.

member for 13.9 years, 6129 visits, last login: a few hours ago