AT&T Yahoo page on DSLReports

Review by Timmn See Profile

• Location: Tinley Park,Cook,IL
  • Telco party Ameritech
Good "Better than dial-up, cheaper than Comcast"
Bad "I can't download very large files."
Overall "It works for me, but if I had to pay the full price, I'd go elsewhere"

·DIRECTV
I can't say anything good or bad about it. I won't go with Comcast, that's for sure.

The only problem I am having, which nobody can figure out, is that if I try and download a very large file, the download speed gets slower and slower until it either gets so slow that it will take hours to download, other times it just stalls.

I can't find anything wrong on my end; SBC can't find anything on their end. If anybody has any idea what to check, I'd appreciate it.

It works for surfing the net, and checking my e-mails, if I have to do anything else, I go to work or school.

5/11/2009 I got a note from the "System" that I should update my review, so I am.
Somehow, I got upgraded to "Pro", funny, I don't seem to remember requesting that they do that. However, it did sort of fix the stalling problem, it no longer does that, it just slows down to a slow crawl when dowloading large files. Since I hate AT&T less than I hate Comcast, and since they are my only two choices, I have to stay with AT&T, if I had a viable third option, I would be there oh so fast.

5/11/2010 One thing has changed, I can now download large files without my speed going down below dial-up speeds. The AT&T techs here told me to get a different ADSL "modem", and that seems to have solved the problem. That's the biggest change, other than that, it works, rarely goes down, and it's better than Comcast or dial-up.

11/22/2011 I hate caps and overages, even though they have yet to send me any notifications that I've hit my limit, now I worry about what I download, how much I use my internet radio, and my video streaming from Netflix and Blockbuster, I have enough to worry about without adding more to it.

Comments: