AT&T Yahoo page on DSLReports

Review by speeddream See Profile

• Location: Irving,Dallas,TX
Good "I have used this DSL provider for 8 plus years mostly with no problems."
Bad "My particular location Verizon owns the phone lines therefore phone service is necessary to have DSL"
Overall "For the most part, I am happy but connection getting slower it would appear."

I had a bad experience with Verizon and since they own the phone lines here they have been bugging me to try and get their FIOS but when I fired them as a cell phone provider I vowed to never use their services again. I am pretty hard headed as well. Initially when I had ATT installed here it was SBC. It has been so long ago that I don't remember exactly how long it took to hook it up. I have had a Speedstream 5100 modem for about 8 years until tonite when one of their techs suggested that I purchase a newer modem due to the connection problems that I have been having. They are supposed to send someone out to check phone lines tomorrow. I have got it working tonight unless I switch over to use Firefox browser and then it crawls. Their line test today showed an extreme amount of line errors. It would really bite if I have to wait until 3am to get a good connection. Anyway, I got to get to get to sleep. I have considered switching to cable modem but do not want a slower connection or one that is affected by the weather. I tried Clear modem this past weekend and could not not get enough of a signal to even get started.

Comments:
speeddream
join:2008-05-21
Irving, TX

Sick of ATT's email server and authentication errors

I AM CONSTANTLY HAVING TO CHAT ONLINE WITH ATT SUPPORT DUE TO EMAIL ISSUES AND NOT BEING ABLE TO RETRIEVE MY MAIL FROM INBOUND.ATT.NET. I PING THE IP ADDRESS AND LATENCY IS 50 TO 100MS. THE LATENCY WOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE IF I COULD ACTUALLY GET MY EMAIL. I HAVE SPENT WAY TO MUCH TIME DEALING WITH ISSUES OVER AUTHENTICATION WITH AT&T. I HAVE BEEN WITH THEM NOW 10 YEARS PLUS BUT, I AM GOING TO SWITCH TO ANOTHER PROVIDER. NOT ONLY ARE THEY CHARGING ME FOR DSL TWICE AS MUCH AS EVERYONE ELSE, THE SPEEDTEST I RUN CONTINUOUSLY RANKS ME AT 68% WORST SPEED ON A GLOBAL SCALE.

clydee

@sbcglobal.net

Re: Sick of ATT's email server and authentication errors

I had this same problem. I found that somehow my machine had the incorrect date. Once I corrected this my email was working again.
speeddream
join:2008-05-21
Irving, TX

Re: Sick of ATT's email server and authentication errors

The issue I had with email ended up being much more involved. Let's just say, some people were able to email me from address's that I could not filter in GMAIl without support from GMAIL, weird thing about it was that the emails were all dated December 31, 1969. There were not even email protocols in 1969. I may have gotten the email situation straightened out since yesterday got better speeds from At&T but, on the phone with them all day yesterday. Thank you for your reply.