Vonage page on DSLReports

Review by King P See Profile

• Location: Franklin,Williamson,TN
Good "Great service for great price"
Bad "tech support takes too long"
Overall "This is a really solid service"

March 2011:

After 6 good years with Vonage, I finally cancelled the service. The price for my service was originally 24.99/month for their unlimited calling package. The service was great, but I just decided it wasn't necessary any longer, as my wife and I both have unlimited cell phone plans.

If Vonage is still around, we may sign back up in the future.

2005

I absolutely love my Vonage service. I'm so glad that I signed up for it. For the exact same price, I could only make Local calls, and have a caller ID from BellSouth. I enjoyed the BellSouth service, but it was time to spend my money elsewhere and get more bang for my buck. I signed up as a referral from a friend who has Vonage, so I got one month of service for free. I signed up for the Premium Unlimited plan and it is one of the best plans I have ever had.

The price to set up for the first month was 68 dollars (1st month of service, activation, shipping). That was kind of rough, but it was worth it.

I also have signed up for Speakeasy OneLink DSL to use with my Vonage service. Finally I'll be able to break free from BS!

February 2006:

I have been using Vonage for over 6 months now, and I have to say that I am very pleased with the service. I have had a few problems lately (we couldn't call some local numbers for about 7 days), but they have been resolved (it was a Telco switch issue, NOT Vonage.) I really love VoIP and I really like my Vonage service.

I recently added a fax line for 9.99 a month, and have been pleased with it as well. VoIP is a great technology and will be the death of the Telco (if they don't wise up).

I also traffic shape my network with my VoIP router getting top priority, so I never have choppy audio. The call quality is excellent and unbeatable.

November 2006:

It's been well over a year now since I've been using Vonage and I decided to call up and cancel my service today. I wanted to cancel due to the price increasing (mainly the Gov't fees that are tacked on) not due to unreliable service or anything, because my service has been great! To make a long story short I called up to cancel and they gave me two free months for both my Voice and Fax line and gave me the Unlimited Plan for 19.99/month. This made me very happy and I decided to stay.

Comments: