Vonage page on DSLReports

Review by Mannus See Profile

• Location: Fort Wayne,Allen,IN
Good "Good call quality when I actually use it."
Bad "Sub-par support if you nee it."
Overall "Cheap and just right for my needs."

·Frontier FiOS
Feb 2006 Just signed up a week ago. Although my number port is not complete, I am able to make outgoing calls. Call quality is extremely good. Billing would not let me exchange adapters after I realized the one I ordered (Vtech 8100-2) was not what I needed after all. Had to go buy my own VT1005 and activate that on my account.

Aug '06: After a few months of service, I decided that I just wasn't going to use my phone that much as I primarily use my cell phone. Also, my bill went up to almost 18.00 when they added new fees. I switched to the 100 minute plan for 9.99 (11.9X after fees). I average 30 outgoing minutes at the most a month. Would be nice if I could speak to someone other than an Indian phone rep. Service has been

good up to date although I am considering porting my number out to T-Mobile

prepaid.

Dec 2007 - So far so good. I basically use my vonage line for junk calls and as my give out number to people I don't want to talk to. It is also hooked up to my DISH DVR.

Sept 2008 - Still working as it should. As I primarily rely on my cell phone to make calls, my vonage line is used only by my DVR. I called CS and had my account switched to the 4.99/month residential hold account plan. Free incoming minutes and 3.9 cents/minute outgoing. As little as I use it, my bill should be about 8.00/month after fees.

June. 2009 - The 4.99 residential hold plan cost me approximately 9.20/ month after fees are added..

May 2010 - Vonage seems to be pinching every penny out of me they can.

I am on the 4.99 residential hold plan and my bill after taxes and fess is almost 11.00/month. I will be canceling soon and porting my number out to trac-fone or some other pre-paid service.

July 2013 Finally cancelled my service. Paying more in fees than the actual service cost was just very sound. My monthly bill was ~12.00 after taxes and fees. Surprisingly, cancelling was painless and immediate. The whole process took less than 10 minutes. Switched to the Obihai 100 and use my GV number for incoming/outgoing calls now.. I should make back my money spent on the voip adapter in 3 months.

member for 8.8 years, 3950 visits, last login: a few hours ago