Vonage page on DSLReports

Review by DaveDude See Profile

• Location: Skillman,Somerset,NJ
Good "At least 30 dollars less then the phone company"
Bad "Customer service is completely useless"
Overall "Your unsupported, so if you want to risk it"

Okay i had there service for 4 days and decided to transfer my number after the fact. So vonage wants to charge me $10 dollars, for something that should be free. If you want service without support, then this is the one. The people who answer the phone have no customer service skills, and really dont want to help. I intend to demand a full refund.

++UPDATE

I cancelled after 5 days. Here are the reasons.

1. There websites states "NO ANNUAL CONTRACTS", yet there TOS says $39 fee if you cancelled within the first 12 months. You have to be a customer for 1yr and 1 month.

2. They dont tell you there is a charge of $10, if you decide to port your number after you sign up. Most others are free.

3. Customer service is more a gaunlet, then a helpful resources. When i called to cancel, my service level rose to an normal level.

4. There is a $10 charge to change plans. so if you go from 500 mins to unlimited, they will charge you..

Avoid Vonage..

++++ update 2

I decided to go with patmedia digital phone.

I can quit at any time, number transfer is free, and i have support 24/7 from my cableco.

++update 3

I still have yet to recieve my refund, yet ups and vonage, have sent email stating they recieved the equipement. Next week i will complain to Visa, and the BBB.

++update 4

Still no refund on my credit card, regarding there 30 day money back guarentee. So far i would never recommend you do any type of business with these people.

++ UPDATE 5.

I called to today to discuss my refund, I was bounced around about 3 more times till i got a rep to help me. Well its now an additional 7-10 days to get a refund. So i guess you have to call and remind them to honor there 30 day money back guarantee. April 3 was the day i was billed for there service and i still havent recieved a refund. Today is
april 12.

+update +
I finally got my refund, it took until April 29th.

member for 15.1 years, 4623 visits, last login: a few hours ago