Vonage page on DSLReports

Review by jpsmith See Profile

• Location: Newberg,Yamhill,OR
Good "Great price, quick install, decent customer service"
Bad "Rebate issue (still working on getting it) - 100% resolved. Nothing bad to report at this time."
Overall "Everythings been running great since the day I installed it"

*** Update 6/30/06 ***

Got my rebate a few days ago. I was expecting to have to wait another 3-4 months to get it, but was pleasantly surprised when I saw the check in my mailbox. I can say I'm pleased with the way they handled this. Definitely handled better than some rebates I've had to deal with and some that I have read about.

*** Original ***

I bought and install my PAP2 on 1/6/06. This was during the New Year's Resolution $100 rebate. The store I bought from didn't give me a form to send in, just a flyer stating the rebate period. I signed up and the web site didn't say anything about sending in a form, just buy a device, sign up, and they send a check. I've finally gotten around to checking on the rebate and Vonage said go get a form from the store and send it to a resubmit address and they'll process it. I sent it today, so we'll see. May have to change some of the values if this doesn't go through. I used e-mail to contact them on this and they answered back within 30 minutes after I sent the messages. It took an extra message to get the address for resubmitting the forms.

Other than this "problem" (not a deciding factor, but nice), I've not had any problems with the phone not working. E911 is said to be working on my line after about a month without. Just sent a fax with no problems or changes to any setting on the phone or the fax machine. Quality is just as good as the previous land line.

Got the $14.99 package as we don't make many calls, plus a local number in Quebec for family that lives there to call. This alone saves me at least $20 a month for calls from them (was paying for the calling card they used), and now they call everyday instead of just a few times a month. The most we've used in a month is around 300 minutes, so the 500 minutes is plenty. We average maybe 100 outgoing minutes a month.

member for 15.5 years, 2883 visits, last login: a few hours ago