Vonage page on DSLReports

Review by Matt_31 See Profile

• Location: Jasper,Dubois,IN
Good "Excellent Voice clearlity, low price, features, support"
Bad "couldnt trandfer number, had to get a new number"
Overall "Well worth getting, excellent choice."

·Insight Communic..

10-2009

Our cable company offers phone but not for our area and after three years of waiting we gave up, Vonage finally got numbers for our area. We orginally wanted to transfer the number but we were unable to so we had both lines our Verizon landline and Vonage. Using Vonage the first time was a huge upgrade alone with the same phone we used with verizon. I was shocked at how well it sounds, but now we have features verizon doesnt even offer like Call waiting ID and many others.

Ordering, we did online and it was simple and easy and was VERY clear about 911 and fee's even before we started so we knew what we we doing. it took a few days to get the portal box by ups and hooked it up and off we went with no problems. Very happy now after 2 weeks.

Verizon: Less features and much worse sound $78 a month
Vonage: all the features and clearlity $35 a month

11-5-10

Needed a couple things done and call was quick and easy and we recently added a a dedicated fax line. All of which is running perfect. We have all this and features and still paying almost half less then we did with Verizon. I HIGHLY recommend them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

2-18-11

My cable company FINALLY offered phone service, my family in law jumped on it. My wife and me talked ... Vonage has alot more features and better service then our Cable company does. In the sense if service goes down it goes to our cell phones, and many other things. We compared the deals and while pricing was close, Vonage was the winner and we are very happy. Yes it does require internet but when we travel and other things its just what we wanted. Still very happy.

Comments: