Packet8 page on DSLReports

Review by Subaru See Profile

• Location: Greenwich,Fairfield,CT
Good "Very Easy to Set up, Decent Call Quality"
Bad "had lots of issues with Outtages on Packet 8's end"
Overall "Good if you can Deal with some tiny issues"

About 2 months ago I signed up for the Packet 8 VOIP service, I wanted something Cheap but good call quality. A few people Recommended that I get Packet8, So Ordered the stuff I needed from the site and in about 4 days my package arrived in a white box; very easy to set up only took about 15 min. worked Great however about a month later Packet 8 had some servers fail which caused the service to go out in a large area, it would come and go, Lucky for me I did not need to make a call into the Job at the time.

I know some of this cant be avoided but it would really help if Packet 8 sends out emails to the customers letting us know if they are going to do any work or anything like that.

Also The Packet 8 Website was updated since I've been with them, the new site is MUCH better then the old.

I will try and keep this updated on how the service is going.

5/10/07

Service is still good still some issues on my end due to my ISP I tend to get a lot of dropped packets indicated by the flashing Line light on the ATA.

Some odd issues like my password wont work the first time when trying to check the voicemail but trying it again works.

Update 2 years later no major issue still

2/18/11

no longer have this service

member for 13.4 years, 6967 visits, last login: a few hours ago