VoicePulse page on DSLReports

Review by bigpapae35 See Profile

• Location: New York,New York,NY
Good "Easy Install, Price, Web Interface"
Bad "multiple service issues, long time to initiate calls, flaky unrealible service"
Overall "Works right out of the box"

Updated 9/20/2012

I am having multiple issues with voicepulse service, and techsupport fixes those issues, but the next day issues come back.

1) calls take a long time to initiate compared to other voip providers- 3-4 seconds longer on average

2) sometimes calls take over 45 seconds to report busy signals

3) service has been unreliable in the last year, calls do not go through with fast busy signal when service is down

I love their web interface, but my boss has been killing me about the unreliability.

Updated 5/13/2005

Now that I have had the service for a little longer, I feel comfortable reccomending Voicepulse to all my friends and family. For $15/month you cannot go wrong. My service has gotten better recently since I switched to Verizon FIOS (Fiber Optic), much more relaible than Optimum Online cable internet, lower ping times, and no packet loss. I would reccomed anyone who wants to use VOIP service to first to try to obtain FIOS, if thats not available I would go for cable broadband service, and then the last choice would be DSL (unless you can get DSL with fast ping times)

Most people dont realize the problem they have with their voip are sometimes attributed to their broadband providers service. I only kept one of my lines with them cause for some strange reason the number my alarm system would dial would not go through with voicepulse. I called voicepulse many times but they were not able to do anything. But no big deal, I am very happy with the one line that I have with them now.

8/9/2004

I have had service for only one day so far but I am very pleased, I reduced my monthly phone bill from $100 for two lines down to $15 per line plus taxes. Sound quality and customer service are great. I put in a number portability change and they told me it will take 2 weeks to process (not their fault, thats just how long the process takes). The Sipura device is great, it handles two voice lines, and the options and features that Voicepulse offer are enormous, but laid out in a very easy to understand and put into laymans terms. I set up two lines and they work perfectly fine, sound quality does not degrade when I upload or download large files. I would reccomend buying a router that supports QOS so you can set the bandwith for this device which is about 80kb per line, so I set mine up for 160kb.

Comments: