Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!

VoicePulse page on DSLReports

Review by josephf See Profile

Good "When it works right, its good."
Bad "When it doesn't work right, its a problem."
Overall "Good when it works but problematic when not."

My number one priority in seeking a VoIP provider to port my POTS landline to was quality. Second was price. Based on quality reviews and price comparison VoicePulse was the winner. And it was a great choice.

I chose the Local + 200 package, as 95 % of my calls are within the Metropolitan New York area, and it is unlimited with the plan priced at $14.95/month. The 200 long distance minutes included with that plan generally more than cover my usage for such.

The order for service went smooth. Although I considered accepting a device from VoicePulse, I happened to use my own device (PAP2T-NA) so I wouldn't need to return it upon discontinuing service (whenever that may occur; there is no commitments/contracts with VoicePulse.) I placed the order over the weekend, and received the instructions for service when there office opened the following Monday. (Somehow I hadn't received it via e-mail.)

After having the service for a few days, and noting it functioning well for both voice quality and service, I ported my wireline number from a CLEC (in a Verizon ILEC region). The port was completed precisely 7 days after requesting it from VoicePulse. And service thus far has been near landline quality.

8/31/09, 11/17/09: All's well that runs well. Nothing but satisfaction with VP.

6/27/10: A++

1/30/11: A++

3/15/11: A++

11/19/11: A++

3/1/13: Service went downhill over past 1+ year, with all sorts of annoying issues cropping up. Tech support was always very helpful in attempting to resolve the issues. But at the end of the day the solutions did not fix the issue over the long (or short) term.

Service moved over to Google Voice via an Obi device.

member for 5.9 years, 2493 visits, last login: a few hours ago