AT&T CallVantage page on DSLReports

Review by NY Tel See Profile

• Location: Smithtown,Suffolk,NY
Good "Outstanding sound quality and very little down time."
Bad "They have eliminated them. Used to be a TA registration mis-match but now even that works."
Overall "The good outweighs the bad 9:1"

I switched from AT&T Callvantage after having a less-than-pleasing experience with Vonage. I have had a Verizon POTS line for a long time and got fed up paying 80 dollars a month for their Freedom Package to get a bunch of features that were nice to have but not necessarily worth the total amount they charge.
I use my line for a combination of personal and business calls and everyone who speaks to me is shocked when I confess to them that I am talking on a connection using the Internet.
The feature set is very rich and actually makes my life easier. Locate me can call up to 5 separate numbers either sequentially or simultaneously. It can be activated via the CallVantage home phone, Internet Portal or even from your cell phone. Do Not disturb is a plus also as is the 10 port conferencing feature.
I'd highly recommend this to anyone who is on the fence and wants to save a lot of money over POTS.
Yes you can get cheaper service but then doesn't the word CHEAP speak for itself in this regard?

U P D A T E as of October 1, 2005:
It has now been 18 months since I got the service and it has really been no problem at all. There were a few glitches and growth pains for a while but now the product is extremely reliable and all of the features work and work the way they are supposed to.
This is an excellent POTS replacement if your connection to the Intenet is reliable.

No longer have this service as AT&T discontinued it.

member for 10.5 years, 4541 visits, last login: a few hours ago