AeroSurf page on DSLReports

Review by malbo1 See Profile

• Location: Murrieta,Riverside,CA
Good "Fast service, friendly people"
Bad "NO 24 hr support"
Overall "Great servcie in area with no other options"

After a year of searching for some broadband in my area, I was ready to start my own Fixed Wireless ISP. While in the planning phase, I ran across two companies that recently started in the area. I decided to give them a try.

I left a message stating I was interested in ordering service Monday morning. I didn't get a call back until later that night (around 8PM or so), but they were very friendly. I was interested in their plan B, $69/month, no equipment to purchase. Technical features include USB client, DHCP, unlimited email account, and 1GB bandwidth/month. They said the could install me in 2 days. Being a network engineer myself, I asked if they could just install the external hardware and leave my computer to me. They were very accomidating of my request.

Wednesday came and sure enough they came and installed an antenna on my home, a USB cliet gateway inside and saying I got a great signal. Well, I went home to test and I couldn't get connected. Left a message for tech support and went to bed as it was already midnight.

The next morning I called again and they answered stating they were just expecting my call. They noticed I had not been authorized for their network the previous night and they had just enter me in not 5 minutes before my call. So, I tried my connection again and sure enough I was connected and flying.

For those interested, they do offer static IP's, more bandwidth per month, ethernet connections and they said they allow servers on their network.

Overall, it was a very pleasant experience and the service has been very good. So far the times it has been down have only required a reboot of my PC and I believe most of that is hardware related.

Comments: