WildBlue page on DSLReports

Review by triskele See Profile

• Location: Dickson,Dickson,TN
Good "Nothing"
Bad "Bait-and-switch sales tactic, horrible service, internet rarely works, often costs over $400 a month"
Overall "Scam"
Mail,DNS,News:

Wildblue/Excede is a scam designed to lure people who can't get conventional internet into a wildly expensive, flaky service that rarely works at all. Don't believe commercial reviews - they're mostly bought and paid for by WildBlue.

Here's what you need to know - WildBlue has a bandwidth meter which supposedly keeps track of how much internet you use. If you go over the prescribed amount (depends on your plan, but the BIGGEST plan is only 25GB), then you're forced to buy more at the staggering rate of $10/GB. If you don't, your speed will be throttled back to an unusable speed (I can't actually measure it because it's too slow to load a webpage at all). It will return to normal speeds only between midnight and 5am (they do this because it's illegal to keep it at a slow speed all the time - but normal people are asleep from midnight to 5am).

And here's the worst problem - their "meter" isn't actually a meter. They customer service reps all admit that they don't actually track your usage (based on the fact that they can't even show you how much you used from day to day). The meter simply displays a random amount, and about every 2 months, it will go over whatever you paid for within a few days so that you'll have to buy more.

I actually can't believe these guys haven't been sued, and I'm hoping they are as I'll happily be a part of the class. I have of course cut this off (and oh, by the way, you have to sign a 2-year contract to get service - cut it off, and you'll get fined the rest of the contract amount (total amount of the months remaining), cost of the gear, and they'll IMMEDIATELY place you for collections (they placed me the day after I cancelled).

Stay far, far, far away. This "company" is trouble.

Comments:
Exede Eliza

join:2013-07-30

Here to help

triskele,

I am sorry to hear about your dis-satisfaction with the service. I can understand where you are coming from and would like to offer to help in any way I can. Feel free to e-mail me your account/phone number and a description of the concerns (similar to this post) and I will be happy to review your account and do my best to find the best resolution. Take care, Exede/Elizabeth