WildBlue page on DSLReports

Review by TexasGirl137 See Profile

• Location: Copperas Cove,Coryell,TX
Bad "Buyer be very aware"
Mail,DNS,News:

Initial installation not rooted deep enough, had to have a repairman come back.
Service is intermittent between 5PM CST and 8PM CST
Cannot use with satellite TV and/or live games
Data allowance only last a couple of weeks
The FREE time, not FREE, uses up your allowance,
Customer Service, don't waste you time, hours spent waiting for a rep and then they can't help
Must have their email address to look at your bill and/or monitor usage, and it has to be set up by customer service, more hours on the phone
I don't recommend this product, it is not worth the money, when it works it is quick, however, it has TOO many issues/barriers that are not worth the time and/or money.

Comments:

Katrina

@sbcglobal.net

This company is fraudulent. They installed a system that is not capable of handling my current online business. In addition, my online conferences with colleagues was consistently dropped. I physically had to dissemble the piece which I was still charged. The company agreed that they cannot provide quality service however continued to charge early termination fee. They apologized for erroneously sales information however continued to charge my bank account. I asked to speak with the corporate office and the sales women stated that "she is not permitted to give out her supervisor's name." No person of authority is available. She said the only way to contact persons from the corporate office is for them to call my personal phone in 3-5 working days. Its no surprise that they didn't call. I have filed a complaint with the better business bureau.
Exede Eliza

join:2013-07-30

Response to your concerns

Hi TexasGirl137,

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns with customer service. Customer service is a top priority for us and I will be more than happy to address the issues and help in any way I can!

To respond to a few points in your post:

It is absolutely, 100% true that satellite internet is not recommended for heavy amounts of streaming movies/tv or for live gaming. How long the data lasts is directly dependent on what activities you engage in online. General web browsing and social media for 4 hours a day will use about 10GB in a months time.

All satellite internet service at this time comes with a monthly data allowance. Streaming video uses up data really fast (unless during the late night free zone). Satellite internet technology means that the signal must travel from the gateway dish to the satellite in orbit (22,000+ mi), and then back down to your home (22,000+ miles). This distance causes about 600-800 milliseconds of latency or lag. We are on the cutting edge of technology in the market today, but there is no solution to eliminate this lag time developed yet. It is this latency that causes problems with gaming.

You mentioned that you believe your data was used during the late night free zone. This is definitely not the way the system is set up to work. I would need to ask some troubleshooting questions and submit your account to our technical escalations team to research further. If you were not reimbursed for lost data, please email me at exedelistens@viasat.com. I will need your name, account number/phone number, a brief description of what happened (can copy/paste your post from here), and the best time to reach you. I will also be happy to get you in touch with technical support to address the issues with connectivity between 5-8pm.

I hope to hear from you! Thanks for sharing your experience open and honestly. We are listening and your feedback can help us in our commitment to working toward higher quality of care and customer satisfaction.

Take care

edenbolake

@172.242.212.x

My Account

My account is still inaccessible after months now. I called several times and your customer service was useless. I went to the chat and one of them was so rude I wanted to reach through the computer and snatch a knot in his butt! I changed my password and still can't get into my account. But, yet you keep charging me for something I can't manage because y'all keep telling me I don't have an account with that username and password. I still get my email loaded into thunderbird. How is that happening? All this crap about you will get right on it is just that. For over 50 dollars each month for this crappy service I should be able to check on my band usage like I keep getting emails from you people to do. If I don't have an account how are you goobers emailing me? I am so sick of this. The service is lousy. I am tired. And I will fight in court to keep you from charging me if I decide to leave your service if that is what you can call what you are charging me for. Why can't you people give us all something we don't mind paying for instead of something we can't even access and manage because we don't exist? I have told all of my friends to go somewhere else for service because that is not what they will get with wildblue
dmzkiller

join:2013-09-19

Wild Blue Temple Texas area

I like the service and everything seems fine, but I still don't understand why we just don't have unlimited data? Its a shame that us folks who choose to avoid crime riddled cities, still have to suffer with data caps.