TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by blackdragon1 See Profile

Good "Good speed and fair caps"
Bad "Slightly unstable"
Overall "Good ISP."

---UPDATE July 2013---

Recently switching to TSI Cable 20. Couple issues:
1) Was initially promised an installation on July 2nd. Never happened, they moved it to the 4th and sent me an email about the THE EVENING BEFORE.
2) Line disconnects randomly sometimes.
3) Cable modem is EXPENSIVE. There should be a discounted price for users switching over from DSL... or for 3+ years customers..
4) Caps are less than DSL. Would like to see 150GB upped to 200GB or 300GB.

The speeds are good, as promised. 20/2 down/up
Results can be found here: »www.speedtest.net/my-result/2825819603

----END UPDATE---

---OLDER DSL REVIEW---

Great ISP, never knew about them up until about a month ago. Found them here, on DSLreports, and I'm glad I did. Haven't recieved any downtime yet, and I hope it stays that way. No contracts at all, and the price is worth the value considering the speed and overall service.

Got my modem/router from Canada Computers (2Wire) and have no problems at all. Also got my DSL phone filters from CC as it was cheaper there, and no problems with those either.

In comparison to Cogeco, TekSavvy is much better for me. Cogeco afcourse had fast download speeds, double of TekSavvy's, but the cap is what bothered me. 60GB a month was okay, but with TekSavvy, I get unlimited, which is much better. TekSavvy is also cheaper than Cogeco, much cheaper. Cogeco was a good ISP, but TekSavvy is better.

Overall, with my experience with TekSavvy... they are the best!

--UPDATED:
So ive been wih TekSavvy for a year or so now, and the speeds are still great. A 200GB cap is imposed, but that is still enough. They offer a Unlimited package, but for $10 more. Other companies offer unlimited for 29.95, so hopefully TekSavvy will maybe lower the price to 34$ or so, anything better than 39. But still, overall it is good, Im just hoping for a speed increase soon (maybe to 7mbps or 10mbps!) since thats the only thing that needs a change (and maybe expand the 200GB cap to 300GB or something )

member for 7 years, 996 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh
join:2013-02-24

Review

Hello Blackdragon,

Thank you for the TekSavvy review and the updates on your service. It’s lovely to see you have been enjoying the services. This is great to read. Thank for you the wonderful words for TekSavvy this is very much appreciated.

In regards to your recent update I’m sorry to see there was a delay with your installation. Has this been resolved currently? Is the service installed? If the service is not installed please feel free to message us in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct I would be more than happy to ensure everything is set up correctly for you, and that everything goes smoothly for you.

Please continue to update us on your TekSavvy Journey.

TSI-Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.
Authorized TekSavvy Employee

blackdragon1

join:2007-06-16
·TekSavvy DSL

Re: Review

Hi Ashleigh,

Yes, everything has been up and running fine since the 4th. It was just frustrating that I was given such short notice for the installation date change. I had to take a day off of work for it and it went to waste.

Apart from that, I am running fine, no other issues to report as of now. Liking the speed bump for both up and down from DSL
www.eceplayground.com >> Reviews & Contests

TSI Ashleigh
join:2013-02-24

Re: Review

Hello Blackdragon1,

Thank you for responding. I'm very happy to hear the service is up and running for you. I apologize for any short notice you were given for an installation date change.
I am also happy to read that your enjoying the services now that it's installed for you. This is great to see!

If you have any questions or concerns as I mentioned we can always be reached through the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct and are always happy to assist with any inquiry you may have. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime.

Thanks again for the response, I do appreciate the update. Enjoy the services!!!

Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.
Authorized TekSavvy Employee

gooru2u

@teksavvy.com

DSL to Cable

I'm thinking of switching to Cable from DSL as well staying with TSI. After reading your comments, I may not do so now, as you mention frequent disconnections and this is the main reason I want to change from DSL as I'm disconnected every night at 11pm-2am consistently. Very frustrating when watching a movie and it freezes, then no reconnect for 1-2 hours. Tech support is of no help, they actually suggested going over to cable.....and I echo you on the price of the modem, just crazy expensive and for me it's a pure gamble, cause it might not be a solution to my problem. Also I'm concerned about speeds, I get 5.1 mbps down now, and the cable plan I'll be going to is 10 Mbps, so in the real world that's likely more like 6-7 Mbps. Not sure if it's a good idea considering the up front cost.

blackdragon1

join:2007-06-16
·TekSavvy DSL

Re: DSL to Cable

The disconnects arnt that bad. It could also be an issue with the modem/router conflicting.

I flashed DD-WRT on my router last night and its been good since, not a single hiccup. Previously I would disconnect for a few minutes (1-3mins) but never for a few hours.

If your DSL is that unstable, maybe cable would be a better option
www.eceplayground.com >> Reviews & Contests

TSI Taunia
join:2012-11-22

Re: DSL to Cable

Hello Blackdragon1,

I'm happy to hear you are no longer experiencing disconnects with your service. If any issues should arise please message us in the »TekSavvy Direct so we can get them resolved for you asap.

Thank you for your review.

Taunia

TSI Taunia
join:2012-11-22
Hello Gooru2u,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing constant disconnect with your dsl internet. If you could please provided us your account information in the »TekSavvy Direct we can look into what is causing this issue.

Taunia