TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by malocite See Profile

• Location: Hamilton,ON
Good "Great Price - 40 bucks for 25/10 DSL with 300 gig. Unmetered from 2am - 8am"
Bad "That dirty feeling you get knowing Bell is still getting some of your money..."
Overall "Probably the BEST ISP I have ever used. It would break my heart if something happened to this company!"

Updated - April, 2013.

I have been with Teksavvy now since 2007. I started with a 5 meg DSL line in Toronto, moved with that to Hamilton, and this past month thanks to the great new rates upgraded from my 35 dollar 6 meg line to 25/10 service for only 40 bucks!

The installation went smoothly. Initially I was having speed issues and discovered a few hours later I was actually logging in with the wrong account (it was using the default Bell account) after correcting that I was getting 24.5 - 25 megs down and 9.5 - 10 megs up right away.

I am using the sagecom modem in bridged mode with my Netgear WNDR4000 running DDWRT acting as the router. Initially I was using my WRT54g and was having slow down issues that were later attributed to the aging router.

My speed has been awesome. I have seen downloads from newsgroups topping out at 23mbps and I still have bandwidth to watch Netflix or Youtube.

My favourite feature that Teksavvy offers is the unmetered access between 2 - 8. I have set all of my large downloads to not run until just after 2 ensuring all of my big bandwidth hogging applications will be done by the time I wake up in the morning. This leaves me with a huge amount of available traffic during peak times. I have topped out at 400 gigs one month with most of that being off peak.

If you are considering any ISP I would consider Teksavvy. If you are eligible for their 25/10 (or even their 50/10) connections (DSL) get them.

Their cable rates are quite high (but then again so is cable in general)

I also have the POTS home phone service from Tek which costs me another 30 dollars or so a month with very low long distance charges.

All in all I cannot say enough good things about Teksavvy and I would recommend them (and have done so) to anyone.

Comments:

TSI Alan
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

Excellent news! Glad to hear your upgrade to 25/10 went smoothly.

We appreciate and value our dedicated customers like yourself. It inspires us to strive to do better each day.

Thank you for your continued support.
TSI Alan (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee