TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by Walter Dnes See Profile

• Location: Thornhill,ON
Good "Reliability; low cost; CSRs are local, not on other side of the planet"
Bad "They use Bell lines; work orders have to be done by Bell"
Overall "Best service and value for the money"

Since my previous review, I moved up to the 5 megabit service, 300 gigabytes/month, which was later bumped up to 6 megabits. I upgraded in order to be able to subscribe to NHL Gamecenter Live. Just after the upgrade I was getting 4.98 Mbps net download and 0.67 Mbps upload on Speedtest.Net. This easily handles the 3.6 Mbps NHL Gamecenter Live feed (there are lower-speed/quality feeds available). A network connection widget on my desktop showed 638 kbps when my connection maxed out on Youtube 1080p HD videos..

A couple of weeks ago, it improved to over 5.1 Mbps net, with the widget showing 654 kbps. That may seem minor. However, at 4.98 Mbps it could almost, but not quite, keep up with Youtube 1080p HD videos. At 5.12 Mbps, it does keep up with those same videos without buffering. I did a speedtest a few minutes ago for this review, and got...

Ping 16 ms

Download 5.16 Mbps

Upload 0.67 Mbps

I don't have any experience with their response to service problems... because I haven't had any problems with their service.

member for 6.8 years, 1574 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Slav

@teksavvy.com

Support

Try their support. Endless waiting on the line... They used to be very good regarding response time, but now... Try for yourself.