TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by deekay0 See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Great speeds, reliable, great value, high or no bandwidth caps."
Bad "Customer service has suffered every so slightly with the huge growth of the company."
Overall "Best ISP's currently available to Canadians."

2011:
I have upgraded from 2x10M DSL lines to a single 25 MBit download / 7 MBit upload service with 300GB monthly cap.

Installation went smoothly and my service has been running great for the past few weeks!

TekSavvy has SIGNIFICANTLY improved their core reliability and improved their internet transit uplinks. Outages with TekSavvy have become non-existant. Only risk (not an issue in anyway for me however) is that TekSavvy still purchases the VDSL2 local loop from Bell.

2008:
I have ordered two DSL lines from TekSavvy and am using them in a bonded (MLPPP) setup to get twice the bandwidth! 10M down and 1.6M up for about $60 a month!

The install process was organized well by Teksavvy and my modems and even the Bell tech arrived on time.

I've had multiple calls already from TekSavvy to make sure that everything is up and running and I appreciate the courtesy.

Bottom line is I wanted an ISP that provided high throughput. high usage caps and no throttling and Teksavvy delivers exactly that.

I canceled Cogeco and signed up with Teksavvy. Cogeco's throttling and service suspensions for going over caps is ridiculous.

Comments: