TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by WaitForGodot See Profile

Good "Best decision I made - no more headaches"
Bad "None so far"
Overall "Value for money - service quality and Tech Support"

It was the best decision I made to switch from the incumbent (Bell) to TekSavvy. The service transition was so smooth. Tech Support is barely a minute or 2 away, available 24/7 if you ever need them. Plus they fully comprehend the issue, with a quick resolution, since they are here in Canada they also speak clear English.

I was so impressed, that I switched my landline to TekSavvy as well. This transition was so seamless that I had to call them to confirm if there were any problems.

My guess-timate is that I will be saving about $50 per month with the 2 services, over what I was paying to Bell. With the cost of a new modem ($60-70) and a one time activation fee for my landline of $25, I am already way ahead from what I was paying for previously.

Items alleviated (over incumbent):
- Monthly call to billing to fix some screw-up or other
- Unending wait times to speak to -> "Emily" -> Tech Support in India -> Customer Service
- No more up-selling, with false promises, and poor service
- Monthly bandwidth overage charges for "ghost" usage
- Need I continue ??!!

I joined TekSavvy in Jan 2009, and waited this long to write a review, because I was totally drained by the never-ending issues with Bell. Now a very happy customer with more time on my hand.

Update : March 17, 2009
It has been over 2 months, and I am most pleased by my choice to switch to Teksavvy.

Update : Feb 3, 2011
Absolutely no regrets. Also continue to enjoy the peace and tranquility of not having to go through hoops to get my monthly bill fixed.

Since this is a review of Teksavvy (and not of my "ex-provider"), I would like to add they continue to fight the "good" fight against throttling, UBB, etc. which in my opinion are very good for me, the consumer.

Comments: