TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by dgass See Profile

• Location: Etobicoke,ON
Good "Great price, Awesome tech support."
Overall "I'm glad I have a choice!"

·Rogers Hi-Speed
I'm glad that I have a choice!

Everything that Bell should be. As an IT Consultant, I've been spreading the word.

Install date was given much sooner than I had thought.
Install completed on the day scheduled. No issues. Speed tests confirm speeds are as advertised.

Tech support is still great. DSL Side anyway. I can't speak for the CABLE side.

Still the best ISP I've dealt with. Again, since I'm in IT I deal on behalf of business's and residential alike.

Comments:

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
·FreePhoneLine

advice

A bit of advice if you don't mind me saying.

This review looks fixed because you gave 100% across the board and 5 words. Explain your install process, the sale process, how the net has run for you. Could speeds be better for the price? Enjoying your caps? Why should users choose TSI over Bell?

This review looks too plain and too fixed to bring ratings up.

I do hope you properly edit your review to describe to potential customers why they should choose Teksavvy. It helps more than an empty review.

Every ISP has it's faults, no one is 100%. Mention where they can improve so they can improve. Marc, Rocky and especially Martin read these all the time. If there was even the smallest thing let them know and next time someone orders they'll address it and most likely fix it.

it's detailed reviews that has helped TSI get better.
dgass

join:2007-09-27
Etobicoke, ON

Re: advice

If there were problems, I would say so.

Also, this was an update of my original review back in 2008.

Change in speed. Called in, ordered new speed. Paid, Install was done during the time I was told. Everything works fine. Why do I have to state every detail?

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
·FreePhoneLine

RE

An update? Where? As i said, the review looks fixed. It looks like TSI hired someone to post a thumbs up. I know it wasn't because i've seen you around. Doesn't change for new customers. Back in 2006 when i first signed up with Teksavvy, i signed up based on the reviews i read HERE on DSLR. No where else. I seen short reviews like this i'd start to question it. It's nothing new in the industry.

Reviews like these are usually bumped up to knock the not so great ones back down. So to make sure it doesn't look that way it's not hard to post a few details.

Some reviews i find are too long and i tend to skim through them, but i trust the users review because they took the time to write it. There are or used to be a few on here that just said "Great ISP".

Do you use little bandwidth? Maybe suggest lower tiers as many users are hoping TSI does eventually. You rated support 100%, did you actually use support yet? If so how was the wait time, friendly? helpful? dead air? on hold a lot? Not picking on YOU, just the review. I hate seeing these short 100% reviews since they really do nothing good for TSI except look like a false review.

Do as you please, it's yours of course, just my two cents if you'd like to give something back to TSI, i know they can sure use a few good reviews. Use for example, DSLR gives a little message on the top right side to let a user know if their review is above match or below consensus in regards to the score given. DSLR determined yours as you can see for yourself is "(ratings above consensus)".

That's all i'm getting at. Have yourself a good night (or morning now)

TSI ShawnS
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

RE:update

Hello dgass,

Thank you for your wonderful update! Glad to hear that everything is still going well for you!! Should you have any questions please feel free to either post a message in the »TekSavvy Direct Forum or call an agent at 1-877-779-1575.

Shawn S
TSI ShawnS (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork