TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by AntonyLingo See Profile

• Location: North York,ON
Good "Great Service / Great Pricing"
Bad "None that I can see"
Overall "Best value for your dollar"

April 2013
-----------------------
Still with Teksavvy after 3.5 years. 10meg DSL service has recently been provisioned in my area and I have just had the Bell technician leave the house this afternoon after setting up the speed upgrade.

Overall I'm content with the level of service Teksavvy has provided and continue to support them.

October 2010
-----------------------
It has now been one year in which I have been with Teksavvy. Yes the prices were raised by $2 since I joined, however I have had other companies in the past raise their prices by more.

DSL is speed is still capped at 5Megs due to Bell. I would like to see higher speeds, however I'm not jumping ship and paying more just to get my downloads completed five minutes sooner.

I have had no irritants at all in the last twelve months, and the few odds times that I have called support (due to a malfunctioning modem on my side), they have been very supportive.

April 2010
-----------------------
Still no troubles with my lines or connections. I still believe they offer great value and great service.

October 2009
-----------------------
I just got set up with Teksavvy's premium DSL service. Took 5 days from the time I ordered it to being available.

I am paying $29.95 for 5M/800k service with a 200gig cap. I am currently maxing out my bandwidth at 5M on downloads through the web and usenet. Bittorrent is capped at 30kB/s, but that is no fault of TekSavvy.

At first my modem was not connecting to the internet, but a quick call to tech support had me up and running in 5 minutes. There was a VCI setting in my 2wire gateway that needed to be changed.

** Super Important - Make sure your lines are good!!!! **

My house is aprox. 40 years old and had no prior work done to it ever. I ended up rewiring the home with new CAT5 to ensure that the old wire would not cause any problems.

When my modem was first connected, the line stats were showing me that I was getting 3M/800k. I ended up doing something as simple as changing the RJ11 cord from the back of the modem to the wall jack and the speeds then jumped up to 5M/800k.

When in doubt, check your wiring first.

Comments:

TSILiz
join:2012-08-20

Response

Hello!

Thanks for taking the time to write this. Awesome to see that you are happy with the service, especially after three years! Thanks for your loyalty, and if there is anything we can ever look into for you please feel free to get a hold of us anytime.

Have a great day,
Liz
TSI Elizabeth (Social Media & E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

"Not all those who wander are lost."