TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by Tx See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Good "No down time. 7 days and i'm online"
Bad "Regular IISP restrictions. Otherwise none at the moment"
Overall "Insanely stable, reliable, low latency"

·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
June 19th, 2013 update (Coincidence since the last update?)
----------------------------------------------
Well i had DSL setup at my old address once again (two homes, Rorgers was setup in this house under wife's work. That was cut off after her office decided to stop paying the bill) so we decided to get DSL back in this house.

June 13th - Order placed and paid for (Insanely good price with install)
June 14th - Confirmed, and install set for June 19th.
June 19th - Message from TSI Andre - "It's doomsday! Let us know how it goes."
June 19th - 1PM. Online perfect 15.2/1 speeds with between 11-16ms latency

No tech in the house, he called. Asked if i was online. Said yes and thank you.

To date, even people in the house said they think that was the easiest and most pain free setup they've ever seen.

Big thank you to Marc, Andre, Jon, Joe, Liz, Ashleigh, Martin, MartinP & Taunia for keeping on top of it. Kudos!

June 20'th, 2011 Update:
----------------------------------------------------------
My last update was an upset because of the stupid $14.95 i would have had to pay to increase my bandwidth when TSI was setting up for UBB. Put in my order in the portal for the $14.95 selection forgot how much bandwidth it was but it still sucked.

Since then UBB has been put rest for awhile. Lost track of it or what it's called today. I haven't required support or any billing related questions since i signed up 4.5ish years ago. Only time it was required was a move order and that was before cable was offered and went smooth.

Updating my review since so many are having such a hard time with their connection i consider myself lucky for such a strong, stable connection. If it wasn't for manual reboots my DSL connection would be online for well over a year straight. It's been that stable! Slow if you compare to today's standards but still a solid 4.2 and 11ms latency. Not a single complaint.

In a galaxy far, far away... I really forgot to put a date on this original review. This part was when TSI was first introducing bandwidth blocks. Whenever that was?
-------------------------------------------
For me it's been reliable, some others, not so much. Stable and fairly strong connection. Might have something to do with the CO being 200 ft from my home. To put simply, i've had a 99.99% connection uptime.

After some DIY and internal wiring not being too complicated in the first place i rewired my home and finally got online.

Now the breakdown:
----------------------------------
My original bill used to be $42.18 on a dryloop.
Since the HST + TSI $2 increase i've gone up to $47.65.

Now you add my "extortion" (from bell) blocks i'll need the $14.25 block to reach 145 gigs bandwidth a month.

My bill has now reached $62.90 a month for a 4.2 meg connection.

--------------------------------------
Now i hate putting value for money so low but it's not a lie. It's not teksavvy's fault but i can't rightfully put value for money any higher. I'm paying $62.90 for essentially a 4 meg DSL line.

Edit: when i state 4.2 mbit connection at the current price that is due to overhead. My connection is actually maxing out. Not teksavvy's fault.

Comments:

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

Update

Hi Tx!

Glad to see things went without any issues! Don't hesitate to reach out to us with any problems

Cheers,

Andre

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
join:2008-11-19