TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by luckied See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "FANTASTIC CS! Outstanding TS!"
Bad "Had to wait for Bhell..."
Overall "Incredible alternative for an affordable price"

I work in tech support. Presently at an ISP so trust me when I say that I know how to determine good/bad tech support fairly quickly.

Previously, with Sympatico/Bhell I was paying over 60$/mnth for a cap of 100GB which was ridiculous (this was back in 08'-'09 when caps just started to come out...maybe even earlier. In sharp contrast, I got the same 5Mbps line with TSI for 2/3 the cost and double the cap (200GB!) Unbelievable!

The process was exceedingly simple and TSI contacted Bhell on my behalf (thank goodness!) and even sent me a cheque when they accidentally overcharged me on one occasion! With Bhell, I had to fight with them in order to have them reduce charges which I never incurred (and I had the logs to prove it!!)

More importantly, when I called Tech support as my line was having issues (Bhell's issue once again) due to a faulty line card @ the CO - the tech whom I spoke with knew what he was talking about, didn't talk down or "baby me" and immediately located the issue after I provided tracert's/pings/speedtests & line stats.

What more could you ask for?! The only caveat I have is that since that time TSI has exploded with growth. Which is absolutely phenomenal in and of itself! However, with such growth comes the inevitable wait times when you call as well as some level of stress in the CSR's attitude (very rarely though - on one occasion to my knowledge and I understand the situation they were under. A rather complicated issue with Robbers, but alas...)

Presently, my parents, an ex-boss, best friend and a few clients of mine have all moved over to TSI and I cannot thank them enough. I only hope as they continue to grow that they do not lose focus of their origins...

P.S TSI fights for you! Seriously, they defend your rights and stick up for what we term "indie" ISP's!

-D