TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by tristen1230 See Profile

• Location: Belleville,ON
Good "Great Price, Fast, Unlimited Cannot go Wrong!"
Bad "Speeds Fluctuate Quite Often"
Overall "Great Internet and Fast"

·TekSavvy Cable
I just ordered Teksavvy and pre sales & Tech support or Customer Service have been great. I am crossing my fingers nothing goes wrong so when it gets hooked up it will be %100 all the way. I wish I found this earlier for Netflix. I am switching because had a lot of really bad experiences with Cogeco.

List of Speedtest Results: »www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh···7f&ria=0

Update 1 07/10/2011 - Got our Modem one week after order. The day they told us we would receive it which was great.

Update 2 12/10/2011 - Had the Bell guy come over and set up the phone. That went very smoothly.

Update 3 18/10/2011 - We got our internet at 10:30 pm which was expected. I originally had 14 MBPS internet with cogeco and I find not speed difference between Cogeco & Teksavvy speed when loading pages. I am so glad.

Update 4 19/10/2011 - We just found out Teksavvy cashed a cheque after we said not to but they solved it fast.

Update 5 28/12/2011 - I have added a link to all the results of my Speedtest results!

Update 6 04/04/2012 - We had to cancel Teksavvy because we are moving to a different place in Belleville and they only offered 2 MBPS and no unlimited so we have went with Cogeco for now and once Teksavvy offer 6 MBPS unlimited or cable unlimited we will go back if the Cogeco 12 month contract is over.

Update 7 23/08/2012 - Due to the recent changes we now have 6 Mbps in our area and will be a returning customer either soon or in April next year depending on the cancellation fees with Cogeco.

Update 7 05/10/2012 - Just want to update on that we will be going back April due to the $75 cancellation fee of our internet service with Cogeco. $75 is Internet and Phone for a month combined so we could not afford it. I cannot wait. I hate having to wait to the end of the month to download games I have bought and with game getting up to 20 GB I cannot live of 80 GB a month.

Update 8 22/10/2012 - For some reason now only dial-up is available in our area. Bell must have changed something. 5 MbPS was available for a little time. Sad ;( . Stuck with Cogeco now. I heard rumors Teksavvy is trying to get some deals with Cogeco Cable. I am in a Cogeco area so crossing my fingers!

Update 9 2/2/2013 - I am becoming a Cogeco beta tester for Teksavvy! I will be hooked up with cable on Monday the 11th of February.

member for 3.9 years, 245 visits, last login: 1 year ago

Comments:

coaxguy

join:2009-07-29

Why are you waiting for TekSavvy

Why are you waiting for TekSavvy to strike a deal when you can just use start.ca which is vastly superior to TekSavvy

TSI Jonathan
join:2011-08-24
canada

You heard it right!

It should be coming down the pipe shortly. Our CEO Marc posted in the fallowing link that we are aiming for Nov - Dec. We are all very excited for it!

»[Cable] Any updates on Cogeco?

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan
Social Media Relations Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

Thanks for the detailed info

And thanks for being a TekSavvy Advocate! We are working with Cogeco so Stay Tuned!

As for your Dial-up/Dsl etc... please post in the Direct Forum and we can qualify your address again. This seems quite odd to me!
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
VP Operations

tristen1230

join:2010-12-26
Belleville, ON

Re: Thanks for the detailed info

Seemed quite odd to me too. I even called you a couple months ago to make sure. I am currently speaking with Marc about the address.

TSILiz
join:2012-08-20

Response.

Hi There,

We hope the beta testing goes great for you. I am currently on the 14 meg package and haven't had a single issue in over a year! Please let us know how the service works for you.

Cheers,
Liz M
TSI Elizabeth (Social Media & E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

"Not all those who wander are lost."