TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by sorcerer0 See Profile

• Location: Burlington,ON
Good "Monthly quota"
Bad "Slow speeds, bad support, re-selling Bell services!!"
Overall "If you're lucky you might get a good speed and all is good otherwise it's endless tech support with no results, just excuses"

[UPDATE Dec 18, 2012] - Teksavvy finally acknowledged my line can't handle more than 5Mbps although they sold me a 6Mbps service. They dispatched a Bell technician who did something so now I'm close to 5Mbps (still not there) so it's not entirely bad, but the fact they lied to me about the service/line makes them no different than Bell & others. I asked for a discount to upgrade at fiber service, but they said no, so I'm thinking seriously switching to Bell Fibe which gives me the same service directly from Bell, not from a re-seller.

[UPDATE] It's been more than a year now that I have been with Teksavvy and it's dissapointing. The speeds are far below the promise; I have the 6Mbps service and at best I get 3Mbps most of the time it's between 1-2Mbps. Tech support it's mostly over their forum, over the phone it's near impossible to get a someone (most of the time I gave up after 30-45min of wait, and the few times I got a hold of someone they dropped the call when the conversation was turning bad for them. The biggest complain for Teksavvy is that they are a 2nd tier ISP, they re-sell Bell's services therefore for every single technical issue they tell you "it's Bell not us, they own the lines". Well, since Teksavvy is selling me the service, they should be responsible for the entire experience end-to-end not just getting our money. Bottom line, it might be cheap for 300GB cap or unlimited, but what's the point when it's so slow and poor quality?! I'm personally done with Teksavvy.

Everything went wrong from ordering online the DSL service to the day when the service was supposed to be activated. I had to call the sales department to get a confirmation of my order placed online and an activation date. A few calls later with their CS they were able to give me a tentative activation date which was later postponed.

At present I'm still waiting for my DSL service to be active after 10 days from the order date. I keep calling the tech support (who btw puts you on hold and conveniently drops the call; waiting time is very bad; over 30min). They always blame Bell and open tickets with Bell, but nothing gets done at the end of day. Very frustrating!!

UPDATE Oct 30, 2011

Finally Bell showed up and fixed the mess (they were trying to hook up a home phone line instead of DSL line! Can't believe it when I heard. After Bell fixed their mess, I called Teksavvy support and I was up and running in about 30min. All is good now, I'm curious to see the reliability of their service over time.

I've requested a credit for 10/24 - 10/30, I'll let everyone know if they are true to their word and we'll credit as promised.

UPDATE Oct 28, 2011

I called TS support again, and they mentioned the Bell ticket was closed and guess what no mention why; of course TS didn't bother to call or schedule another Bell dispatch; TS would just let the issue as it, happy to continue to charge me for a service I don't have. At this point I think I'm going to call my CC and ask for a refund. If TS thinks they can abuse customers like this, well it's not going to happen.

UPDATE Oct 27, 2011

Bell didn't show up, so I called TS and they told me there is nothing they can do, they have to talk to Bell again and re-schedule. What's interesting is that in the meantime, TS will continue to charge my account, just because Bell reports that the service has been activated and it's up and running !!!! TS doesn't give a damn that their own modem does not have DSL signal at the demarc point!! They will not offer a refund unless Bell demonstrates that the customer is not serviceable, which obviously they don't have any interest to do it, because they can charge TS and TS can charge you. Bottom line: TS+BELL is a big rip-off !!! BEWARE pre-paid service in their Terms and Conditions means that if Bell tells them you have DSL signal up and running they can charge you w/o any ways for you to tell otherwise!!! I cannot believe this is possible!!

UPDATE Oct 25, 2011

Bell called and asked me to be at home on Oct 27, as a technician will come and check my DSL Dry Loop. Let's see if this time they bother to ring and check if the actual DSL line works after they work on it. On the activation day, they came, they did their work and left a note in the door not even bothering to ring and check if everything is fine. That is after I was specifically told to be at home as they need to check!

Comments:

Crowbar1

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

Reselling Bell Services

TSI Does NOT resell HBELL Services FYI . They rely on HBELLS last mile to reach your home . And have no choice but to use HBELL techs as they are not allowed to touch those or have any access to HELLS equipment , if HBELL screws up their only recourse is to open a ticket with them .... If you don't care for this arrangement , you can always go to HBELL and pay more for their services