TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by UK_Dave See Profile

• Location: Powassan,ON
Good "Excellent price, excellent service, fights against the big guys on behalf of the user."
Bad "They can't help problems that Bell cause."
Overall "There is no better choice in Ontario."

As of March 2013, I've restored the connection Reliability score to maximum. I've also restored the Tech Support rating. My problem for the last 6 months turns out to have been a Bell problem - although it didn't seem to affect many local Bell customers (suprise, suprise!). A local network update by Bell solved the problems overnight after 6 months of hell. Myself and other non-Bell customers are now back online.

One point of tech support is still missing - their communication with Bell was not ideal nor speedy. This will of course be down to Bell. However I can only score this on what I experienced - and hope that maybe Marc (the very responsive TSI CEO), might raise the issue of Bell sharing their upgrade dates, at the next TSI/Bell sit-down.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

As of Q1 2013, I've lowered the connection reliability by 2 more points. My internet connection is literally unusable 7 evenings a week, and lots of daytime weekend (pings over 800+ms make everything impossible to do).
I've posted in Direct, but trying to get some problem ownership to push things just isn't happening.

As of Q3 2012, I've lowered their connection reliability score, and tech support score, by 1 point each.

Because:
My evening connections are flaky now, which may or may not be TSI's fault.
Their tech support are still good, but it can take an eon to get through some days.

Comments:

TSI Danielle
join:2012-05-31

Your review

Thank you for your original review and taking the time to update it. We appreciate the criticism of the wait times and evening connection issues. I see we're already working with you in the direct support forum to get the connection issue solved. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to get the issue resolved for you.

Danielle

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

Finally :)

Hi Dave,

Glad things finally got better for you. Those pattern match's can be quite challenging but at the end of the day, you are now surfing with ease

Cheers,